1. What is the process of renting from your website?
- You can browse through our website, choose individual item(s) and/or our pre-defined packages, and Add the selected item(s) to your cart.
- After the completion of your product selection, you are required to pay first month rental dan shipping cost.
- Upon completion of step 2 above, you will be asked to send us certain documents on the basis of email sent to you. After receiving all the necessary documents, our representative will perform the credit check and call you to fix a convenient time for delivery once the material is ready.
- Our representative will come to deliver and install the item(s) at your place and you will have to execute the contract and hand over to us.
2. Why should I rent?
- Buying certain household items may require a prohibitively high upfront investment.
- Rental amounts are so low that you can easily enjoy items which you couldn't afford earlier.
- All the items rented from us are either new or refurbished (as good as new!). It is far better than buying a used item from a third person where you do not get to know anything about the quality of the item.
- We provide warranty on all the items rented from us, hence you will never have to ask the question "What if it doesn't work later?"
- You do not have to go through the hassle of quickly looking for a buyer and having endless negotiations with him/her in case you have to relocate or sell off your items.
3. Do I need to sign any contract? What documents are required from my side?
Yes, you will have to execute a contract/Agreement with us at the time of taking over the possession of the rented item(s). The contract will contain all the terms and conditions of the renting arrangement. We will also require you to open your email and furnish the following documents from you prior to delivery of the item(s):
- Copy of IC.
- The completed rental billing form
- Address Proof – utilities bill
- Signed of Rent Agreement
4. What if I do not have few documents?
You may drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our representatives will do their best to help you out.
5. What is the minimum period for rent for any item? Can I cancel my order in this period?
All items have a pre-defined minimum period or tenure of rent (the period may vary depending upon the nature of the item). The minimum period is defined for each item at its check-out page. Please note that we need you to honor the commitment to retain and pay the rentals for this minimum period to cover various administrative and incidental costs attached with renting of such items. In case you cancel your order within this period, you will be liable to pay the rentals for the duration of the shortfall.
6. What are your delivery charges?
ThePerabot.com delivers and sets up your home on all days of week. The charges between RM240 to RM290 according to your house location. We offer HOME DELIVERY only in Kuala Lumpur and Selangor.
7. When and where do you usually deliver?
We are currently delivering in all areas within Selangor and Kuala Lumpur. Given the fact that most of our items are made to order, we usually take 30-45 days to deliver your items. However, the delivery timelines may vary depending upon the kind of items ordered.
8. What happens if I am not at home at the time of delivery?
Deliveries are handled by our logistics partners and for each delivery we have to pay them delivery charges. After you place the order, our representative will give you a call to book a delivery slot. In case you are not at home on the agreed timeslot for delivery, we request you to intimate us in advance and re-schedule your appointment as your presence at home is a must for delivery and signing of contract and other relevant documentation. In case our representative(s) reach your home and are unable to find you, the items shall be brought back to our premises You will have to re-schedule the delivery by paying RM240 as the shipping charges.
9. What if my apartment/house does not have a lift?
We carry ordered items through stairs only till ground floor. There are extra charges if your apartment/house does not have lift or does not let tenants use the lift for shifting. You are requested to ascertain these charges with our representatives at the time of booking the delivery slot.
10. How does pick up happens at the end of my contract period?
Closer to the end of your contract period, our representative(s)will give you a call to book a pickup slot. Your presence is must at the time our representatives come to your place for picking up the rented items in order to complete the documentation.
11. What happens if the rented product(s)/ item(s) get damaged?
If the product is found to be UNUSABLE by our pick-up team at your location, our team may ask you to pay the amount equivalent to the product value (as defined in your contract) less the amount of rent already paid by you. You may retain the possession of the item(s) in such a scenario. If there is any other defect, which is correctable, the pick-up team will take pictures of the item(s) at your premises and send it to our Quality team for inspection. The costs incurred in rectifying the damage will be payable by you.
12. Can I extend my contract duration?
Yes, you can extend your contract duration by writing to us at least 30 days prior to the expiry of the term of the contract. In such a scenario, our representative(s) will come to your place to execute additional documentation. All other commercial terms of the contract may remain unchanged. Please note that we may not be in a position to extend the contract if we receive such information less than 30 days prior to the rent-period.
13. Who bears the cost of Repairs of the rented product(s)?
All furniture items rented by us conform to high quality standards and in the unlikely scenario of any manufacturing defect, ThePerabot.com shall be liable to repair the same if any manufacturing defect. However, the Customer will have to pay for the repair charges in case a defect is observed due to customer mishandling the product. You can email to us at email@example.com to know more about the repair costs.
14. What happens if the rented product(s)/ item(s) get severely damaged?
If the product is found to be UNUSABLE by our team, our team may ask you to pay the amount equivalent to the product value (as defined in your contract) less the amount of rent already paid by you. You may retain the possession of the item(s) in such a scenario. If there is any other defect, which is correctable, the pick-up team will take pictures of the item(s) at your premises and send it to our Quality team for inspection. The costs incurred in rectifying the damage will be intimated to you and you shall be liable to pay the same.
15. What is your return & refund policy?
In the unlikely scenario wherein any product delivered by ThePerabot.com is found to have manufacturing defect, the customer shall have the option to return the product within 3 days of delivery and seek another product (with the same specifications) or refund of first month rental but no refund on shipping cost. Please note that in case a manufacturing defect develops after the expiry of the initial 3 days period, refund and return shall not be applicable.
ThePerabot.com undertakes to replace the defective product(s) within 30 business days of receipt of information from the customer. In case the customer has asked for a refund within 3 days of delivery, the same shall be processed within 30 business days from the receipt of intimation by the customer. The refund shall be processed through the same means by which the payment was made.
16. Can I return few items or entire order if I do not like items at the time of delivery?
Only items with major defects or non-functionality will be taken back at the time of delivery. No item will be taken back on the basis of dimensions. However, some genuine issues can be discussed over a call and we might take items back but only if pointed out at the time of delivery. ThePerabot.com team will leave your premises when you are completely satisfied, however, once the team leaves your premises, such issues will not be entertained.
17. Can I return the items early (within my contract period) in case I am shifting to another place?
The item(s) ordered by you have a minimum tenure defined. None of the items can be returned during the minimum tenure period as defined in the contract for any reason whatsoever. However, if you are shifting to any other place within Klang Valley, we can help you relocate the item(s) ordered by you at a nominal fee.